The Tonka Report

Real News In A Changing World

Archive for June 29th, 2010

Evacuations? Texas National Guard Create “Chemical Warfare Unit”

leave a comment »

June 29, 2010: Jurriaan Maessen / Infowars.com – June 29, 2010

According to Texas National Guard chief commander Adjutant General Jose S. Mayorga, soldiers from the Czech military 31st brigade of radiation, chemical and biological protection will help their US counterparts establish a similar unit in Texas. The soldiers are expected to arrive somewhere next month. He made the statement to the Czech News Agency (CTK) on June 22, while visiting with Czech chief-of-staff Vlastimil Picek on his invitation.

“Since the Texas guard is considering establishing a similar unit, Mayorga said he would like to see how the Czech unit, seated in Liberec, north Bohemia, is organized and how it prepares for emergency situations, and also its way of reacting to them”, reports the Prague Daily Monitor.

It is interesting to note that the Nuclear Threat Initiative’s (NTI) news outlet reported on March 16 2009 that this very chemical warfare unit would be assigned to “help protect” President Obama during his visit to the EU-USA summit held in Prague in April of that year.

Now I don’t know about you, but since when does a ‘chemical warfare unit’, specialized in such things as tracking down anthrax-facilities and other devilries, get to “protect” an American president visiting?

“The plan of security measures to accompany the EU-USA summit reckons with us.”, NTI reported the head of the 31st brigade of radiation, chemical and biological protection, Miroslav Knopp, as saying.

“However”, said Knopp, “I must not disclose any details as the [plan] is secret. Our role will be similar to our assistance in the protection of then U.S. President George Bush during his visit to Prague, and at the NATO summits in Istanbul and Riga”.

Again: what is a biological and chemical warfare unit doing protecting a United States President? Isn’t that the Secret Service’s job? And what in Gods name is the legitimacy of using this foreign military unit in the United States, helping out the Texas National Guard?

The Prague Daily Monitor reports there is more to this unit than meets the eye: “The Czech chemical warfare unit is world-renowned. This April it protected the U.S.-Russian summit in Prague. Previously it ensured the security of the Olympic Games in Athens and was deployed in the Gulf War and other conflicts.”

It’s a strange thing, is it not, that some Czech chemical warfare unit- operating from a relatively second-rate nation in Europe, protects US presidents, provides security for the Olympic Games and is involved in combat-operations overseas. It’s even more strange that the unit will now help the Texas National Guard establish a replica of itself in the great state of Texas.

The Tonka Report Editor’s Note: Remember during Katrina that the vast majority of ‘refugees’ were evacuated to Texas. Thus, in light of the numerous reports of mass evacuations of the Gulf coast region, the bigger question here is whether this new National Guard unit is being created due to the growing chemical and biological threats to human safety as a result of the combined toxicity of the oil, controlled burns, off-gassing, and chemical dispersants! Below are excerpts from just a few of those reports concerning possible evacuations in the Gulf states – SJH

“We’re going to have to evacuate the gulf states,” Matt Simmons, founder of Simmons and Co., an oil investment firm and a member of the Council on Foreign Relations told the Washington Post on June 23. “Can you imagine evacuating 20 million people?… This story is 80 times worse than I thought.”

Earlier this month, investigative journalist Wayne Madsen, writing for Oil Price, said that his sources inside the federal government believe an evacuation is in the works. “Plans are being put in place for the mandatory evacuation of New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Mandeville, Hammond, Houma, Belle Chase, Chalmette, Slidell, Biloxi, Gulfport, Pensacola, Hattiesburg, Mobile, Bay Minette, Fort Walton Beach, Panama City, Crestview, and Pascagoula,” said Madsen.

SoCal Martial Law Alerts also said it had information regarding an evacuation of the Gulf area. “Due to toxic gases from the fractured oil well in the Gulf of Mexico, the possible off-gassing of the highly-toxic Corexit 9500 (the chemical dispersant used by BP in the oil spill clean-up), acid rain and various as-yet-unknown forms of environmental damage, we believe that the government will have no choice but to relocate millions of people away from the Gulf Coast. Those living in Florida are presently at the highest risk, but the danger also appears likely to spread to all Gulf Coast states east of Louisiana and possibly even to the entire Eastern half of the United States once hurricane season begins,” the SCMLA website reported.

On April 30, 2010, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal sent letters to the DOD and the Dept. of Homeland Security requesting military help in response to the oil gusher. Jindal explained that the purpose of the National Guard is to “provide security, medical capabilities, engineers and communication support in response to this threat. Currently, our Soldiers and Airmen are staging for and are engaged in the planning of the effort to evacuate and provide security and clean up for the coastal communities expected to be impacted by the oil spill.”

Source: http://www.infowars.com/infowars-com-poll-bp-oil-gusher-evacuation/

Link to original article below…

http://www.infowars.com/czech-military-to-help-national-guard-establish-chemical-warfare-unit-in-texas/

Panic Brews On Gulf Coast Under Suspicions Of US Media Blackout

with 2 comments

June 29, 2010: Maryann Tobin / Political Spin Examiner – June 28, 2010

Panic is brewing among Gulf coast residents under suspicions of an oil spill media blackout and threats to public safety.

A quiet panic is brewing among residents of Florida’s Gulf coast.

People are starved for updates and official information, and the lack of them is accelerating conspiracy theories and rumors of a media blackout.

Founded or not, to residents they are quite real. Unconfirmed reports of evacuations have been circling the internet, along with suggestions that they will never be implemented because the scale is too enormous. Why announce a plan that can’t be carried out? That has led to theories that human life is more expendable than political careers and BP’s public image.

Official government websites like the Deepwater Horizon Response and FEMA are not providing the news people are looking for. Additionally, the mainstream media seems to be airing less information about the crisis rather than more.

Case in point

Since the Deepwater Horizon crisis began on April 20, 2010, Chris Matthews has been devoting a great deal of time to covering the oil spill crisis on Hardball. Tonight – nothing. Not a word. It was as if the millions of gallons of oil pouring into the Gulf, killing our ecosystem, and countess thousands of animals – didn’t exist. Other major networks like CNN have pushed news about the Gulf oil spill back to the third or fouth story. The worst environmental disaster in history is not important enough to be the lead story anymore?

Here’s a news flash for the mainstream media – the crisis is getting worse, not better. Oil continues to spill at an incredible rate, more than a million gallons of toxic Corexit has been poured on top of it, and Hurricane Alex is now threatening to complicate recovery efforts and push more oil ashore.

This website has been receiving emails from residents throughout Florida indicating fears of toxic fumes in the air, possible evacuations, and the dangers behind the massive gas bubble under the Macondo well that threatens to send a tsunami over the state of Florida at 600 MPH.

While the facts behind the fears of people in Florida have not been confirmed by the government or BP, they are all rooted in genuine threats to the safety of the public. The oil spill is growing. There is an enormous amount of pressure under the Deepwater Horizon well. The BOP is leaning “10 to 12 degrees,” according to Coast Guard Admiral Thad Allen. And the existence of a ‘gas bubble’ under the well field has been confirmed

While official statements may be designed to prevent mass panic, hiding information appears to be making people even more nervous. In the midst of the worst oil spill disaster in history, now is not the time to leave it to people’s imaginations to figure out if and when they are genuinely in danger.

CNN: Almost All Exxon Valdez Cleanup Crew Dead

The Tonka Report Editor’s Note: For more information on the Gulf oil disaster, go to the link below– SJH

https://stevenjohnhibbs.wordpress.com/category/gulf-of-mexico/

Link to original article below…

http://www.examiner.com/x-33986-Political-Spin-Examiner~y2010m6d28-Panic-brews-on-Gulf-coast-under-suspicions-of-oil-spill-media-blackout-and-threats-to-public-safety?cid=examiner-email

A New Big Screen Documentary Exposes The Pat Tillman Cover-up

leave a comment »

June 29, 2010: Paul Joseph Watson / Prison Planet.com – June 29, 2010

A new documentary set to hit the big screen this summer lifts the lid on the cover-up behind the death of Pat Tillman, the pro-football star who gave up a lucrative career to fight in Afghanistan and Iraq before preparing to return to the U.S. as an anti-war icon, at which point he was killed in a so-called friendly fire incident that more closely resembled a deliberate assassination.

Whether or not the documentary delves into the question of whether Tillman’s death was a targeted act of murder remains to be seen, but the evidence strongly indicates that Tillman was deliberately assassinated in order to prevent him from becoming an anti-war icon and derailing public support in the United States for the ongoing occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Tillman sacrificed the good life and a multi-million dollar football career in the belief that he was defending his country from outside enemies, and soon after 9/11 turned down a contract offer of $3.6 million over three years from the Cardinals to enlist in the U.S. Army.

It was during Tillman’s second deployment to Afghanistan, after previously serving in Iraq, that he was killed by what the U.S. military initially claimed was a Taliban ambush. It later emerged that the ambush story had been concocted by the Pentagon in an attempt to exploit Tillman’s death for pro-war propaganda. Subsequent investigations claimed that Tillman was killed as a result of a friendly fire accident.

However, in July 2007, the results of an Army medical report found that Tillman had been shot three times in the head with an M16 from a mere 10 yards away, clearly suggesting that the incident was a targeted assassination.

“Army medical examiners were suspicious about the close proximity of the three bullet holes in Pat Tillman’s forehead and tried without success to get authorities to investigate whether the former NFL player’s death amounted to a crime,” reported the Associated Press.

“The medical evidence did not match up with the, with the scenario as described,” a doctor who examined Tillman’s body after he was killed on the battlefield in Afghanistan in 2004 told investigators. “The doctors – whose names were blacked out – said that the bullet holes were so close together that it appeared the Army Ranger was cut down by an M-16 fired from a mere 10 yards or so away.”

The report also states that “No evidence at all of enemy fire was found at the scene – no one was hit by enemy fire, nor was any government equipment struck.” The article also reveals that “Army attorneys sent each other congratulatory e-mails for keeping criminal investigators at bay as the Army conducted an internal friendly-fire investigation that resulted in administrative, or non-criminal, punishments.”

The doctor who autopsied Tillman’s body tried to pursue an investigation into the question of whether Tillman was murdered but was prevented from doing so by higher-ups at the Army’s Criminal Investigation Division. The motive for the murder would undoubtedly have been Tillman’s plans to return to the U.S. as a vocal critic of the Afghanistan and Iraq invasions.

The evidence points directly to it and the motivation is clear – Tillman abandoned a lucrative career in pro-football immediately after 9/11 because he felt a rampaging patriotic urge to defend his country, and became a poster child for the war on terror as a result. But when he discovered that the invasion of Iraq was based on a mountain of lies and deceit and had nothing to do with defending America, he became infuriated and was ready to return home to become an anti-war hero.

In September 2005, the San Francisco Chronicle reported that a friend of Tillman had set up a meeting with author and prominent war critic Noam Chomsky, which was scheduled to take place after Tillman’s return from Afghanistan. Chomsky confirmed that the meeting was arranged. As far back as March 2003, immediately after the invasion of Iraq, Tillman famously told his comrade Spc. Russell Baer, “You know, this war is so fucking illegal,” and urged his entire platoon to vote against Bush in the 2004 election.

During a July 2007 appearance on Keith Olbermann’s MSNBC show, four star General Wesley Clark stated that “the orders came from the very top” to cover-up the nature of Tillman’s death as he was a political symbol and his opposition to the war in Iraq would have rallied the population around supporting immediate withdrawal.

Watch the trailer for The Tillman Story, which is due for cinema release in August…

The Tonka Report Editor’s Note: This is a tragic story that all Americans should fully understand before sending their children off to die in illegal wars for the trans-national corporations and international bankers – SJH

Link to original article below…

http://www.infowars.com/new-big-screen-documentary-exposes-pat-tillman-cover-up/