Archive for the ‘NSA’ Category
December 28, 2010: Activist Post Editor’s /Activist Post – December 28, 2010
As the United States edges closer to becoming a third world country; anger, frustration, and cynicism continue to mount in the minds of the American population. In fact, a recent Pew Research poll showed that 80% of baby boomers are pessimistic about America’s future.
This pessimism seems warranted as authentic political solutions appear to be in short supply in our corporate state.
The democratic political system is now clearly run by crony cartelism. The multinational banks have hijacked the economy and are openly looting the public. Mounting and impossible-to-pay off debt is crippling local governments. The entire spectrum of our rights continues to degrade. Crimes that would land regular citizens in jail are now openly being committed by the elite and their organizations with no justice. And perhaps most telling, the power structure is establishing a control grid to eliminate due process for the Internet and beyond to stifle any dissent.
Given the current situation, it can seem impossible to affect real change. However, the exact opposite is the case. The only reason the system is maintained is because the majority still acquiesce to it. However, change won’t come by electing new establishment politicians, because no matter how noble they may be they still must play the corrupt game. Change won’t come through violent protests or offensive cyber hacktivism, as that only invites and justifies the creeping police state. We must stop accepting and supporting the system, individually, in order to change it.
Because our representative democracy has become a fraud, and the media and courts are clearly shills for the oligarchs, our only action appears to be non-violent rebellion; one person and community at a time. We can expose the crimes and immorality of the corporate state through civil disobedience and conscientious objection. We can punish multinational companies who commit flagrant fouls on humanity and the environment by boycotting them. Additionally, we can peacefully regain our liberty by becoming less dependent on the system for our basic needs.
Here are ten solutions through non-violent activism:
1. Buy Local Food: One of the most powerful cartels that has their tentacles into government is the food cartel. Their agenda has been to control the basic resources of food (corn, wheat, soy, rice). The best way to conquer this cartel is by eating local; produce your own food, join and contribute to local cooperatives, and engage your neighbors and community for more local food solutions. Local co-ops are also a great place to trade locally crafted goods and even services. Obviously, do your best to avoid GMO food and eat organically when you can. Finally, be vocal and active in your opposition to GMO foods and the cartel control of the FDA.
2. Become More Self-Sufficient: Our modern society has made us dependent on something or someone other than ourselves for most necessities such as electricity, food, water, medicine, security, and education. This dependence puts us at the direction or disposal of the cartel state. Therefore, the only entity that has the power to grant us liberty is ourselves; and we can take back our independence through self-sufficiency. Being self-sufficient means learning skills that will help you and your family survive economic downturns or other emergencies. These skills may also help you to be less dependent on your job as they’ll make you a useful independent producer. Lead your neighborhood and community toward production and away from dependence.
3. Get Healthier: The increasing pace of life seems to offer a wealth of distractions from the importance of living a truly healthy and free life. Our modern world offers easy choices like fast-food in place of fresh produce; TV in place of reading, exercise, or meditation; Internet social networks in place of meaningful personal relationships, etc. Identify the areas lacking in your own life and resolve to make the necessary changes that will increase your physical fitness, mental acuity, and your spiritual evolution. These three areas are what truly sustain us in both good times and bad — not smart phones, computer games, and the virtual world.
4. Buy Silver and Gold: America desperately needs a monetary revolution before the dollar experiment completely collapses. Like all revolutions this must start from a groundswell of rebellious action. A good place to start is to convert your devaluing dollars to physical gold and silver. This will punish the banks, especially JP Morgan and the Federal Reserve, as well as protect your assets. Furthermore, if the dollar continues to collapse, silver and gold may well become a viable currency in society once again, as it already is in some parts of Michigan. Buying junk silver is something anyone can afford to do and is highly recommended.
5. Expose the Agenda: The “agenda” is one of consolidation of wealth, power, and control in every facet imaginable. The international elite are approaching near one-world control, which they call full spectrum dominance of economies and societies. In other words; national, local, and individual sovereignty is all but gone. It is extremely important to engage your local community, especially community leaders and police, to reiterate their obligation to serve the local community under the Constitution, and not to follow illegal Federal demands. Above all, do not give in to the temptation of apathy as you begin to learn more about the systems of control. These systems first count on your ignorance, then they count on laziness. Finally, say what you stand for such as peace, liberty, and genuine justice with even more force than shouting about what you oppose.
6. Boycott: In the U.S. it has become obvious that a system has taken hold which is economically designed for one thing: consumption. This is the value that each person has been given from birth. So, one key way to assert your power and value in such a system is to vote with your wallet. Every purchase you make either contributes to, or boycotts this corporatist structure. Become aware of who the real owners are and what inhumane practices are behind the products you purchase, so that you can make intelligent choices that support your health and promote justice. Additionally, it is important to learn the true contents of the products you buy, so that you don’t fall prey to slick advertising and corporate misdirection. Join or create campaigns to educate shoppers and force better labeling of products so it is easier for others to consciously boycott them.
7. Local Politics: Forget wasting any of your energy and resources on Federal politics — they have sold out long ago to the higher authorities that fund their multi-million dollar campaigns. Instead, get involved in small town politics and community initiatives. The future will be built from the ground up, starting right in your own neighborhood. Local politics is where you can affect tangible changes. Everything from removing chemicals from public water, to throwing the TSA out of your local airport, or refusing military recruitment or fusion centers in protest of the war on terror, can be accomplished at the local level. Each minor victory will send shock waves to other small communities and the country as a whole, so be sure to document the steps you have taken to achieve victory, then share your story for others to emulate.
8. Military Refusal: Do not contribute to fraudulent wars, and do not succumb to the pressure of feeling “unpatriotic.” There are countless groups of veterans who have seen through the government lies that have led to unnecessary deaths, as well as the financial destruction of the country. There is, in fact, no more patriotic action that can be taken than to demand that our military be used properly to strengthen the country, rather than to weaken it. For some, there is absolutely no excuse for war, ever, and merely the act of showing up contributes to this affliction. It is a profound resolution of courage to live by your convictions. So, if opposing the fraudulent wars is your main issue, file as a conscientious objector and contribute to peace instead of war. As Gandhi said, “There is no path to peace; peace is the path.”
9. Don’t Use Banks: The banks have proven to be some of the most immoral, dare we say “evil,” institutions on the planet. Besides their Ponzi-style Wall Street casino and mortgage/foreclosure fraud, they also profit heavily from wars, Mexican drug gangs, and fleecing the public. Some are finding their actions so horrific that they’d prefer to default on their debts rather than give them another dime. That may be extreme given the consequences; however, we can at least vow not to take on any new bank financing of any kind — mortgages, credit cards, or car loans, etc. Where possible, bank with local credit unions instead of the big banks that make up the cartel. Another powerful action is to start or support a regional competing currency. On the Federal level, we can tell our Congress reps to support Ron Paul’s effort to legalize competing currencies nationwide.
10. Tax Resistance: Becoming a tax resister is a hardcore action of civil disobedience that comes with serious consequences — unless of course you’re Tim Geithner who gets to say “oops, my bad” in order to qualify as the head of collecting said taxes. However, when the electoral process and two-party system proves to be a farce, corporations clearly win on every issue, and the will of the people is no longer represented in the media or the courts, people are left with little choice but non-violent rebellion in all its forms. Tax rebellion is often cited by conscientious objectors who oppose how the government uses taxpayer dollars to fund immoral deeds such as war, authorizing torture, building the police state, and fraudulent bank bailouts. A second group of tax protesters refuse to file because they don’t believe income taxes to be lawful under the Constitution.
Police State America – A Crash Course
The Tonka Report Editor’s Note: The 11th resolution would be to simply move out of the country! - SJH
Top 5 Best Places To Relocate To Escape Before America’s Decline
Link to original article below…
Written by Steven John Hibbs
December 28, 2010 at 4:12 pm
Posted in 9/11, Big Brother, Bush Regime, Censorship, Civil Rights, COINTELPRO, Communism, Conspiracy, Corruption, Cyber-Terrorism, Deception, DHS, Disinformation, Economy, Education, Fascism, Federal Reserve, First Amendment, Fourth Amendment, Free Speech, Freedom, Global Banking, Government, History, Indefinite Detentions, Internet, Law and Justice, Martial Law, Media, Middle East, Military, New World Order, NSA, Obama, Obama Regime, Orwellian, Patriot Act, Patriotism, Police State, Propaganda, Psyops, Renditions, Revolution, Ron Paul, Science / Technology, Slavery, Socialism, Sovereignty, Surveillance, Terrorism, U.S. Constitution, U.S. News, Video, Wall Street, War, War Crimes, White House, World Bank, World Disasters, World Government, World News
December 27, 2010: Kurt Nimmo / Infowars.com – December 27, 2010
As we predicted, Homeland Security and national security state officialdom are in the process of expanding the police state and citizen humiliation grid from airports to hotels and shopping malls.
“The United States is stepping up security at ‘soft targets’ like hotels and shopping malls, as well as trains and ports, as it counters the evolving Al-Qaeda threat, a top official said Sunday,” reports AFP. “We look at so-called soft targets — the hotels, shopping malls, for example — all of which we have reached out to in the past year and have done a fair amount of training for their own employees,” DHS boss Janet Napolitano said.
Big Sis Napolitano knows the government’s “See Something, Say Something” program to acclimate citizens to a police and surveillance state designed to rival anything established by East Germany’s Stasi is more Big Brotherism. “It just sounds very Big Brother to me, turning in the next door neighbor.” CNN’s Candy Crowley said to Napolitano during an interview on State of the Union.
“It’s not,” Napolitano argued. “It depends on the common sense of the American people. I think they have common sense. And it depends on, again…getting through this notion that our safety, our security and the world we live in today is a shared responsibility.”
For bureaucrat Napolitano, the “common sense” of the American people means they will remain timid and apathetic. It means they will not protest and will tolerate going through porno-scanners and having goons stick their hands down their pants before they are allowed to shop at the local mall.
Napolitano defended the ambiguity of the snoop program. She said citizens can figure out for themselves who to snoop on and report to the authorities. Because there is no threat posed by al-Qaeda to the “homeland” – a word Big Sis used during the interview to refer to the United States – the government will receive thousands of calls from people turning in their neighbors for smoking marijuana, discipling their children, or possessing entirely legal firearms.
“The overall message is everything is objectively better than it was a year ago, particularly in the aviation environment. But we’re also looking at addressing other areas,” Napolitano said about the plan to turn malls and hotels into Gestapo zones where the Bill of Rights does not exist and citizen-subjects are obliged under threat of violence and $11,000 fines to allow minimum wage goons to stick their hands down their pants.
Napolitano continues, “And so we have enhanced measures going on at surface transportation, not because we have a specific or credible threat there, but because we know, looking at Madrid and London, that’s been another source of targets for terrorists.”
Evidence largely ignored by the corporate media reveals that the Madrid bombings were an inside job. Two patsies, Jose Emilio Suarez Trashorras and Antonio Toro, were government informants, a fact reported by the New York Times and the Times Online. Trashorras had the private telephone number of the head of Spain’s Civil Guard bomb squad.
In 2005, John Loftus revealed on Fox News that the supposed mastermind of the London bombings, Haroon Rashid Aswat, worked for British intelligence. In 1999, the U.S. Justice Department told prosecutors in Seattle to leave Aswat alone because he was a British intelligence asset.
Napolitano and the government cite the absurd underwear non-bombing as the reason they are aggressively moving the police state from airports to malls and hotels.
“The Detroit Christmas bomber was deliberately and intentionally allowed to keep his US entry visa as the result of a national security override issued by an as yet unknown US intelligence or law-enforcement agency with the goal of blocking the State Department’s planned revocation of that visa,” Webster Griffin Tarpley wrote in February.
Patrick F. Kennedy, Undersecretary of State for Management, revealed this when he testified before the House Homeland Security Committee on January 27.
The underwear non-bomber “Mutallab was a protected patsy being used by rogue elements of the US intelligence community for the deliberate and intentional creation of a high profile incident with the goal of obtaining a large-scale political effect,” argues Tarpley.
The staged event is also providing a pretext to turn malls and hotels into Gestapo zones. It was used earlier this month to promote the government’s snitch program.
It should be obvious where all of this is headed. Following the next staged non-bombing by a clueless patsy, the government will move from malls and hotels into the streets and neighborhoods of America. How long before you will be subjected to a virtual strip search before you can buy food or other necessities?
Wal-Mart Invasion Part of Larger DHS Takeover of America
The Tonka Report Editor’s Note: Pissed off at your boss? Call DHS. Had an argument with your husband? Call DHS. Neighbor’s dog left a souvenir in your yard? Call DHS. Girlfriend cheated on you? Call DHS… - SJH
Link to original article below…
Written by Steven John Hibbs
December 27, 2010 at 12:11 pm
Posted in al-Qaeda, Big Brother, Civil Rights, COINTELPRO, Communism, Conspiracy, Corruption, Deception, DHS, Disinformation, Economy, Education, False Flag, Fascism, FBI, Federal Reserve, First Amendment, Fourth Amendment, Free Speech, Freedom, Global Banking, Government, Health, History, Law and Justice, Martial Law, Media, New World Order, NSA, Obama, Obama Regime, Orwellian, Pentagon, Police State, Propaganda, Psyops, Science / Technology, Second Amendment, Slavery, Socialism, Sovereignty, Surveillance, Tenth Amendment, Terrorism, Travel, TSA, U.S. Constitution, U.S. News, Video, Wall Street, White House, WMD, World Bank, World Disasters, World Government, World News
December 23, 2010: Brett Michael Dykes / Yahoo News (The Lookout) – December 22, 2010
Surely with so many terror plots developing around the world in recent days, it’s understandable that someone might miss one, right? Well, for ordinary Americans, sure — but you’re held to a different standard if you’re the head of U.S. intelligence. That’s why U.S. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper is having a very bad day Wednesday. Clapper appeared to draw a blank when ABC’s Diane Sawyer asked him about the arrests hours earlier of 12 men accused of plotting an al-Qaida-type attack in London.
“First of all, London. How serious is it? Any implication that it was coming here?” Sawyer asked at the start of an interview that also included chief counter-terrorism adviser John Brennan and Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano. Clapper, puzzled by Sawyer’s question, responded, “London?” and turned to Brennan for help responding to Sawyer’s questions about the arrests that had occurred several hours before the interview took place. Later in the interview, Sawyer told Clapper that she was “a little surprised you didn’t know about London.”…”Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t,” Clapper replied. You can watch video of the interview below, courtesy of ABC News [via YouTube] – the initial exchange with Sawyer occurs at the 3:56 mark.
Clapper’s office initially suggested that he had merely been confused by Sawyer’s “ambiguous” question. Later, though, a spokeswoman for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence acknowledged in a statement to the press: “Director Clapper had not yet been briefed on the arrests in the United Kingdom at the time of this interview taping.”
She added that Clapper had been “working throughout the day on important intelligence matters, including monitoring military and political developments on the Korean Peninsula, providing answers to questions concerning the ratification of the START nuclear treaty, and other classified issues. He wasn’t immediately briefed on London because it didn’t appear to have a homeland nexus and there was no immediate action by the DNI required. Nevertheless, he should have been briefed on the arrests, and steps have been taken to ensure that he is in the future. The intelligence community as a whole was fully aware of this development and tracking it closely.”
Diane Sawyer Stumps Director Of National Intelligence – Priceless!
The Tonka Report Editor’s Note: Three blind mice? Not a chance! These are the rats in the sewer! But also pay attention to the continued rhetoric of “homegrown terrorists.” This is COINTELPRO directed at us! - SJH
Link to original article below…
Written by Steven John Hibbs
December 23, 2010 at 1:30 am
Posted in al-Qaeda, Big Brother, Britain, Civil Rights, COINTELPRO, Communism, Conspiracy, Corruption, Deception, DHS, Disinformation, Education, Europe, False Flag, Fascism, Geo-Politics, Government, History, Law and Justice, Media, Middle East, Military, New World Order, NSA, Obama, Obama Regime, Opium, Police State, Propaganda, Psyops, Slavery, Socialism, Sovereignty, Surveillance, Terrorism, U.S. News, Video, WMD, World Disasters, World Government, World News
December 22, 2010: South New Jersey TRT Editors / South New Jersey TRT – December 18, 2010
Image: SFPD Mobile Guard Tower in San Francisco Bay Area park. (2009)
Recently members of the South New Jersey Tyranny Response Team, while driving down a slow backstreet in a small New Jersey town, found this, a mobile guard tower! With tinted windows hiding the “authorities” from the public, a hydraulic lift system and cameras on each side, the tower was an intimidating structure.
This is a small town with low crime and the tower was placed next to a clean and well maintained city park.
What could the reason behind this be? Conditioning? Perhaps a trial run to see the reaction of the people? As we watched, we saw others slow down and stare in wonderment. No one approached the guard tower. It seems no one complained either because the prison guard tower was later brought back again for a few days.
We thought that it could be for the train station. But then why wouldn’t they just put an officer in the station? Why the blacked out windows? Why is it positioned in the middle of the park and not closer to the train station?
This is clearly meant to condition all the local citizens to accept the police state that is now America. Our nation is supposed to be based on liberty and freedom, now it has been turned into a virtual prison with literal guard towers on small streets, cameras at intersections and body scanners at our airports. This is all meant to show you that you are no better to those with the power than any common criminal. It is about conditioning, not safety.
Please, stop accepting this sort of conditioning and start working to prevent the growing police state that is now choking our once free nation.
Tyranny Response Team Exposes Mobile Guard Tower
The Tonka Report Editor’s Note: Of course this is to condition and intimidate the herd! Do you think these are just being deployed to nab a teenage pot-smoker or someone who doesn’t pick-up after their dog?! - SJH
Link to original YouTube video and article below…
Written by Steven John Hibbs
December 22, 2010 at 4:51 pm
Posted in Big Brother, Civil Rights, Communism, Conspiracy, Corruption, Deception, DHS, Disinformation, Education, Fascism, Freedom, Government, History, Law and Justice, Martial Law, New World Order, NSA, Obama, Obama Regime, Orwellian, Police State, Propaganda, Psyops, Slavery, Socialism, Sovereignty, Surveillance, Terrorism, TSA, U.S. Constitution, U.S. News, Video, World Government, World News
December 22, 2010: Eric Blair / Activist Post – December 21, 2010
Remember the buzzword chatter? When our criminal government kept the sheeple on the razor’s edge of fear because they’d say that chatter levels coming from Al-Qaeda were increasing?
Well, today, in this article, I’m going to openly fear monger to you, because the chatter by the real terrorists, the ruling elite, is getting louder and more urgent — prompting me to warn you that it seems like a terror attack is coming soon.
All the signs are here. Clearly desperate for public approval and budget justifications, the government has recently made several bogus terror arrests of entrapped FBI patsies. Perhaps they thought the public would give them some political props for thwarting their own staged events. However, they’re beginning to realize that the general public has a bad case of “boy who cried wolf” syndrome where these glorious victories in the ongoing war on terror don’t carry much effect anymore with people struggling to pay bills. Therefore, the regular folks must be reminded that the wolf can still bite.
Three recent stories seem to indicate a higher than normal level of urgency about an impending attack. The first was the report from Iraq that “intelligence” gathered from the recent round-up of militants revealed a threat of an attack inside the U.S. and Europe during the Christmas season. Reuters claimed in certain terms, but through a faceless spokesman:
Al Qaeda is planning attacks in the United States, Britain and Europe around Christmas, one year after a failed attempt to bomb a U.S.-bound passenger plane, a senior Iraqi official said Thursday…’One of the (men) confessed that ISI will execute attacks inside the United States, Britain, and Europe,’ Hussein said. ‘They were making preparations for this goal.’
Okay. Does anyone actually believe poor militants living in Iraq can prepare and execute a successful terror attack inside the United State? Regardless, DHS sent an alert to all local law enforcement, even though an official claimed that, “While there was no specific or credible information about a possible attack, the bulletin was based on intelligence from abroad.” It is this kind of absurdity that reveals the agenda, because this is not a credible threat on any level except to those who need to float warnings before they strike.
Keeping in mind that the original press release had “no specific or credible information,” because right on cue an ABC News story a few days later describes not just the specific threats, but also the motivation. For the dumbed-down, non-reading public the article title says all you need to know: Holiday Terror Warning Cites Car Bombs and Small Arms Attack; with the sub-title, Authorities Worry About Christmas Attack For ‘Psychological Impact.’
This would seem to indicate that the real terrorists are seeking maximum ‘psychological impact’ with their next successful attack on U.S. soil. Perhaps they are getting ready to pull the trigger on something big. However, even a small arms attack would accomplish some of the establishment’s incremental goals like restricting the public’s ability to purchase semi-automatic rifles. It’s much like the recent article about potential terror attacks to poison the food supply while the food safety bill S.510 bounces between houses.
Finally, the third and most telling story was a small bit by the Associated Press today regarding Attorney General, Eric Holder’s appearance on ABC’s Good Morning America where he feigns concern for “homegrown terror threats.” The AP reported:
Holder said the terrorism threat is real and constant. He says he’s concerned that the authorities may have missed a signal that an attack is coming. He says Americans have to be prepared for “potentially bad news.”
Of course, the establishment always uses the example of “anti-American cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, a U.S. citizen believed to be hiding in Yemen” as a claim that “Americans” are indeed seeking to strike the United States. This terror ring-leader of patsies has been exposed as a Pentagon insider by Fox News, yet he’s still being used justify the surveillance-industrial complex, the snitch culture, and the clampdown on freedoms in the name of fighting “domestic terrorism by American citizens.”
So, we’ve gone from a threat with no credible or specific information, to being on alert for car bombs and small arms attacks with the purpose of inflicting maximum psychological impact, to our chief law enforcer saying we must prepare for potentially bad news.
Besides seeking a psychological reaction from the sheep, the real terrorists also desperately need to muffle the truth movement before it grows too big to control. As the masses become more aware of the criminal actions by the government and its corporate cartel partners, the more they need a distraction. Even Geraldo Rivera has seen through the bogus terror plots, and said so on national TV.
This all says to me that something is coming because time is running out on their lies. Be afraid, be very afraid, but not of the coming attack, rather for the establishment’s response to it.
Eric Holder: Homegrown Terrorist Threat
The Tonka Report Editor’s Note: The question isn’t so much when, but where the wolf will bite! - SJH
Link to original article below…
Written by Steven John Hibbs
December 22, 2010 at 9:39 am
Posted in Afghanistan, al-Qaeda, Big Brother, Civil Rights, COINTELPRO, Communism, Conspiracy, Corruption, Deception, DHS, Disinformation, Economy, Education, False Flag, Fascism, FBI, First Amendment, Fourth Amendment, Free Speech, Freedom, Genocide, Geo-Politics, Global Banking, Government, History, Internet, Iraq, Law and Justice, Martial Law, Media, Middle East, Military, New World Order, NSA, Obama, Obama Regime, Orwellian, Osama Bin Laden, Police State, Propaganda, Psyops, Slavery, Socialism, Sovereignty, Surveillance, Taleban, Terrorism, TSA, U.S. Constitution, U.S. News, Video, War, War Crimes, White House, WMD, World Bank, World Disasters, World Government, World News
December 19, 2010: Steven John Hibbs / The Tonka Report (TTR) – December 19, 2010
Kudos to TruTV and Governor Ventura for once again going where no corporate mainstream media dare venture.
These are all valid points and questions he raises that those of us after having watched the events of 9/11 unfold, and then researching exhaustively ever since, have been elucidating and asking for nearly 10 years now.
Take a good look at the image to the right: Is there a Boeing 757 jet airliner visible anywhere? Where is the debris?
Besides the obvious facts of a cover-up, ie. no plane debris, no passenger bodies on site, an impossible flight path by unqualified pilots, phantom phone calls that could not have been made, $2.3 trillion missing from the Pentagon the day before, all video tape immediately confiscated, etc., ad nauseum, the main point that Jesse brings to focus is this… Cui bono? Who benefitted!
Conspiracy Theory With Jesse Ventura: 911 Pentagon Attack – (Full Episode)
The Tonka Report Editor’s Note: Nothing new was revealed here, except to those in a coma for the past 9 years. It’s time to face the facts, America… Or are you still too traumatized from learning Santa Claus was a lie as well?! 9/11 was an inside job… Our government murdered nearly 3000 of its own citizens on September 11, 2001, and over 1,000,000 innocent people in the consequent illegal wars ever since that horrific crime! - SJH
Link to original article below…
Written by Steven John Hibbs
December 19, 2010 at 12:33 am
Posted in 9/11, Afghanistan, al-Qaeda, Big Brother, Bush Regime, Censorship, CIA, Civil Rights, COINTELPRO, Communism, Conspiracy, Controlled Demolition, Corruption, Deception, Disinformation, Documentary, Economy, Education, Eugenics, FAA, False Flag, Fascism, FBI, Federal Reserve, First Amendment, Free Speech, Freedom, Genocide, Geo-Politics, Global Banking, Government, History, Iraq, Law and Justice, Martial Law, Middle East, Military, NASA, New World Order, NIST, NORAD, NSA, Orwellian, Osama Bin Laden, Pentagon, Police State, Propaganda, Psyops, Science / Technology, Slavery, Socialism, Sovereignty, Surveillance, Terrorism, The Tonka Report, U.S. Constitution, U.S. News, Video, Wall Street, War, War Crimes, White House, World Bank, World Disasters, World Government, World News, WTC 1 & 2, WTC 7, WWIII
December 17, 2010: John Byrne / The Raw Story – December 16, 2010
The Obama Administration’s effort to obtain your location from cell phone towers without a warrant was rebuffed Wednesday by a federal court.
The 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals ruled Wednesday that the Justice Department cannot obtain information about which cell phone towers mobile phones communicate with without a warrant.
The decision was first reported by Wired’s David Kravets, and has received almost no coverage in the press. The Obama Administration is seeking to reverse an earlier ruling giving judges the authority to require a warrant for the government to obtain cell phone tracking data.
In October, Obama Assistant Attorney General Lanny Breuer filed a brief seeking the power to obtain cell phone location data without a warrant, arguing that it was essentially communication made in a public place.
Referencing a 1979 case, Smith vs. Maryland, the Assistant Attorney General wrote that because telephone callers cannot expect privacy in the numbers they dial, they can’t expect privacy in the locations of towers their cell phones interact with.
“In Smith, the Supreme Court held both that telephone users have no subjective expectation of privacy in dialed telephone numbers and also that any such expectation is not one that society is prepared to recognize as reasonable,” Breuer wrote, along with several other officials. “The Court’s reasoning applies equally to cell-site information.”
The Court stated: “we doubt that people in general entertain any actual expectation of privacy in the numbers they dial. All telephone users realize that they must ‘convey’ phone numbers to the telephone company, since it is through telephone company switching equipment that their calls are completed. Similarly, cell phone users understand they must convey a signal to a cell phone tower before their call may be completed.” (p. 12 – pdf)
The brief was co-written by US Attorney David Hickton, Assistant US Attorney Robert Eberhardt, and and Associate Director of the US Justice Department’s Office of Enforcement Operations.
Wired’s David Kravets noted that the decision to bar law enforcement from routine collection of cell-site data comes in a broader context of rulings favoring electronic privacy.
“The decision by the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals is one in a string of court decisions boosting Americans’ privacy in the digital age — rulings the government fought against,” Kravets penned Wednesday. “The most significant and recent decision came Tuesday, when a different federal appeals court said for the first time the government must obtain a court warrant for an internet service provider to grant the authorities access to a suspect’s e-mail.”
“The case that concluded Wednesday concerns historical cell-site location information, which carriers usually retain for about 18 months,” Kravets added. “The data identifies the cell tower the customer was connected to at the beginning of a call and at the end of the call — and is often used in criminal prosecutions and investigations.”
In September, the appeals court ruled that judges should have the power to require warrants for the government to obtain cell-site information. The Obama Administration appealed that decision, and the ruling Wednesday rebuffed their efforts.
Earlier this month, Law.com provided a description of how law enforcement can use cell-site information in investigations:
“…Cell phone records can track the movements of the person or persons in possession of a cell phone that has been activated, even when no one is making a call on the phone, that the tracking can be quite granular, within 146 feet, or 50 meters, and, in many cases, within 40 feet, and that the increase in cell phone towers and improvements in technology will continue to make tracking even more granular. Telephones equipped with Global Positioning System applications can be tracked by GPS satellites that orbit the earth and whose purpose is to track all GPS targets…
“Though not all phones are equipped with GPS capabilities, all cell phones can be tracked through network-based tracking…
“Cell phones are supported by a network of cell towers that relay messages from the caller through the carrier to the recipient. There are hundreds of thousands of cell phone towers in the United States. Activated cell phones are in constant contact with cell phone towers, keeping contact with the closest one as the cell phone moves across space so that if and when a call comes in or goes out it will do so instantly…
“By tracking the “hops” a cell phone makes from cell phone tower to tower, law enforcement can track the movements of that phone — and, ostensibly, its owner — for as long as the records are kept by the carrier.”
Kravets, at Wired, noted that the Obama Administration is also seeking permission to affix GPS devices to vehicles without a court warrant.
“The administration has also asked the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit to reverse its August ruling requiring court warrants to affix GPS devices to vehicles to track their every move,” he wrote. “The administration said Americans should expect no privacy ‘in the totality of his or her movements in public places.'”…”The appellate court’s answer is pending,” he added.
Feds Push For Tracking Cell Phones
The Tonka Report Editor’s Note: Another victory in the defense of American’s Fourth Amendment! - SJH
Link to original article below…
Written by Steven John Hibbs
December 17, 2010 at 1:12 pm
Posted in Big Brother, Civil Rights, Communism, Conspiracy, Corruption, Deception, DHS, Disinformation, Education, Fascism, First Amendment, Fourth Amendment, Free Speech, Freedom, Government, History, Internet, Law and Justice, Martial Law, Media, New World Order, NSA, Obama, Obama Regime, Orwellian, Police State, Propaganda, Psyops, Science / Technology, Slavery, Socialism, Sovereignty, Surveillance, Terrorism, Travel, U.S. Constitution, U.S. News, Video, White House, World Government, World News